Getting Compensated For A Job-Related Injury

No matter what safety precautions you take while on the job, an accident can happen when you least expect it. If you’ve recently sustained an injury when working for your employer and are unable to perform your responsibilities for the time being, you’re either not being compensated fairly for your injuries or not getting paid at all. In some cases, it can be financially challenging, especially if you’re not covered by the WSIB or Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.

You’ve always worked hard for your paychecks. You shouldn’t have to suffer just because your employer only cared about your production and not your well-being. It’s unfortunate when you consider that everybody, regardless of the type of work they do, is entitled to working in a safe environment. So when you’ve sustained an injury while working on the job and you have questions, it’s important to discuss your circumstances with an experienced personal injury lawyer in St. Catharines.

Different Types of Workplace Injuries

There are a number of ways that a person can injure themselves on the job, especially if it’s a trade industry where one is exposed to a lot of chemicals, machinery, or tools. Here are some examples of the more common workplace injuries that you can file a personal injury claim for:

• Industrial accidents – can be very serious and result in debilitating or fatal injuries
• Product liability accidents – typically result from using faulty equipment or machinery
• Slip and fall accidents – can result in concussions, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries as well as emotional distress

Injuries that are attributed to premises liability are another type of workplace accident that can be very common in a number of different industries. More commonly known as Premises Law, the Ontario Occupier’s Liability Act holds property owners or occupiers responsible for ensuring that the premises are safe for people to enter or visit.

Additionally, if you have been injured due to faulty equipment, you have the right to file for product liability claim and sue the manufacturer of the machinery. And if your employer was the one who was authorized to maintain that machinery but failed in their duty which led to your injuries, they will be held negligent.

Whether your injuries were minor or more serious, you should seek legal advice about your circumstances. Sometimes the slightest injuries can manifest serious symptoms at a later date. With the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer, you could receive compensation for the injuries you sustained and all related expenses. That is why it is important to take professional legal advice instead of trying to represent your rights on your own.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *